(Via UMass Donahue Institute):
As announced at this year’s STEM Summit, the deadline for applications to Biogen Idec Foundation’s second annual “Ignite the Power of STEM” grant competition is January 16, 2015. Biogen Idec Foundation will award $80,000 in grants to support science education programs and projects in elementary, middle and high schools that were represented at the 2014 Massachusetts STEM Summit.
Applications will be accepted from full-time professional personnel from public and charter schools located in Massachusetts that had at least one individual from their school district in attendance at the MA STEM Summit on October 22, 2014.
Up to 40 Ignite the Power of STEM grants will be awarded to teachers and schools as follows:
- $2,000 for Teachers
- $5,000 for Schools
Programs should be designed to:
- Promote science literacy in innovative ways among students
- Enable teachers to bring new, exciting hands-on science experiences to their students
- Encourage underserved youth with potential to pursue science as a career
- Create excitement about STEM topics within the classroom setting
- Inspire students to consider pursuing STEM careers
Go to http://www.biogenidec.com/ignite for guidelines and application.