NSTA Annual Conference – Final Call for Proposals
|The National Science Teachers Association Annual Conference will be held in Boston on April 3-6, 2014! Consider submitting a proposal to present; please visit Presenting at NSTA Conferences for more information. Proposals must be submitted by April 15, 2013.|
Proposals will be evaluated on the extent that they:
• Align with one or more strand goals.
• Align with the national science standards (NRC Framework and the highly anticipated Next Generation Science Standards).
• Are based on current and available research and issues in science and science education.
• Involve participants through activities and/or discussion.
• Integrate science and engineering practices and content.
• Utilize technologies to deepen the teaching of engineering and other STEM fields.
- Science and Literacy: A Symbiotic Relationship
- Teaching Elementary Science with Confidence
- Leading from the Classroom
- Engineering and Science: Technological Partners
This strand explores the thoughtful, effective, and meaningful integration of technologies to increase STEM learning and understanding. The strand leader will be Dr. Yvonne Spicer, Vice President of Advocacy & Educational Partnerships for the National Center for Technological Literacy at the Museum of Science, Boston and MassTEC founding member.
To provide workshops and presentations focusing on one or more of the following:
• Highlighting various technologies that show the relationships between science and engineering.
• Using instructional technology to enhance the integration of engineering in the STEM classroom.
• Showcasing instructional technologies that expand and strengthen STEM content.