Title: Data, Assessment, and Programming Research Assistant
Job posting: #2242026
Employer: Harvard University and McLean Hospital’s Program in Education, Afterschool, and Resiliency (PEAR)
Summary: The Data, Assessment, and Programming Research Assistant (RA) is a full-time position that includes managing data, writing reports and performing basic statistical analyses across projects at PEAR. The ideal candidate will have beginner-to-intermediate- level programming skills.
Instructions: Submit resume and cover letter online or go to the McLean Hospital jobs database and conduct an Advanced Search for Job Opening ID 2242026.
See below the jump for the full job posting!
The Program in Education, Afterschool & Resiliency (PEAR) is dedicated to improving outcomes for youth through program development, school reform and prevention. PEAR provides trainings and assessments tools that inform educational programs and professionals about program quality and the socio-emotional development and resiliency of students in schools and afterschool settings. This position will work across PEAR departments and be integral to many aspects of internal and external operations.
Guided and supervised by the Senior Manager of Research and Evaluation, the RA will:
- Create, edit, and maintain survey documents.
- Monitor and maintain databases and conduct descriptive analyses as needed.
- Create and disseminate data reports for clients as needed.
- Communicate regularly with PEAR staff and outside partners to provide information related to trainings, research projects and/or data collection.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience and demonstrated skills related to data collection, data entry, management and the preparation of internal and external research reports, documents and briefs.
- Proficient in statistics and experienced in the use of statistical software for data management and analyses.
- Proficient in different types of software for data manipulation, management, storage and scheduling (e.g., SPSS, MS Word, Powerpoint, Access, Excel, Google Docs, DropBox, SkyDrive)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic or other programming languages;
- Must possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work across platforms (i.e., Mac and PC computers).