Opportunity for Massachusetts high school educators
Who: Massachusetts Envirothon
When: Webinar for new coaches on September 24, from 5:00-6:00 P.M. The first of three team workshops will be on October 25 at UMass Amherst.
Information: For more information visit www.maenvirothon.org or read our 2014 recruitment letter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program offers:
- A September webinar to answer your questions
- Three workshops through the year, across the state
- A current issue with relevance to every urban, suburban, and rural community: Sustainable Local Agriculture
- A stellar competition site (Sholan Farms, Leominster)
- A proven new competition format allowing up to 10 team members to compete at the May event, with a chance for community service as well
Opportunity for students to:
- Get outdoors and experience the interaction of wildlife, water, soils, and forestry within Massachusetts ecosystems
- Investigate this year’s current issue: Sustainable Local Agriculture
- Develop skills to participate in community decisions and action
- Work alongside natural resource professionals to learn about local wildlife, water, soil and forests
- Grow in their commitment to stewardship of the environment and natural resources
- Test their environmental knowledge, skills, and teamwork in a challenging competition
- Develop their curiosity and a love of learning in science
- Increase their awareness of career opportunities in the environmental field
Long-time coaches like the Envirothon because it gives them a chance to keep learning themselves, to get to know a group of students well, and to spend time with them outdoors.