Aecern, a not-for-profit education organization based in Woods Hole MA, is looking for science teachers (grades 5 to 8) in public or private schools, or in after/ out-of-school programs, to work with them to develop a free online inquiry-based Learning resource, the Discovery Hub.
Aecern’s mission is to increase the use and impact of student-generated discovery in science learning and skill building.
The Discovery Hub is being designed to:
- Make the creation, delivery, and sharing of inquiry-based lessons easier and less time-consuming for teachers
- Provide students a single online environment where they receive instructions and access learning materials, capture, document, and share data (using mobile devices), and analyze, interpret and communicate their findings and learning
- Allow teachers to track and facilitate inquiry-based learning by their students
Aecern is looking for teachers who would be willing to do the following:
- Create and deliver at least one inquiry-based lesson in their class using the current version of the Discovery Hub between October and December 2014
- Work with Aecern staff to evaluate the Discovery Hub and help identify and implement changes to improve it
- Provide general advice and guidance on the requirements and opportunities for technology-based resources to enhance inquiry-based learning
- Train and support teachers on the Discovery Hub, including in person and/ or virtual tutorials
- Create a mobile data capture app for select inquiry-based lessons (A $4K value!)
- Recognize participants in its regional and national communications
If you are interested in joining this project send an email to Luk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and visit the Aecern website (aecern.org).